CT Travel Group are looking for a Leisure Operations Manager to join our Leisure team, working across both our Tunbridge Wells and Maidstone offices.
Main Purpose of the Role:
This is an exciting new role at Pettitts Travel, overseeing the day-to-day running of the department in both our Tunbridge Wells and Maidstone offices to drive sales and uphold excellent customer service across the team. In addition to managing a dynamic team of Sales and After Sales Consultants, a hands-on approach will be required as an active member of the Sales team, using specialist knowledge of tailor-made travel itineraries to sell and meet targets.
- Proactively manage, develop and support the Sales and After Sales teams. Full responsibility for day to day team management.
- Responsible for daily allocation of enquiries and pipeline monitoring.
- Coordination and delivery of all training and be responsible for the knowledge and role growth of Sales and After Sales teams. Identify skills/knowledge gaps.
- Measure and communicate individual sales performance and regularly review with Head of Department.
- Motivate and encourage the team to perform consistently and reach set targets.
- Streamline workflows across the Sales and Admin departments, working with our Technology department to ensure our systems drive sales and reduce duplication.
- Proofread quotes, add value and uphold our brand guidelines.
- Manage customer service queries, recognition and complaints proactively.
- Carry out regular reporting and analysis of data to provide the Head of Department.
- Manage and take part in an out of hours call rota (usually one week per month).
- Occasional weekend/evening work may be required on a fair rota basis.
Skills & Experience:
- Proven sales track record and commercially driven.
- Expertise in tailor-made travel.
- Strong destination knowledge, covering popular Pettitts locations.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- GDS experience.
- A competitive salary based on skills and experience
- Opportunities for career growth and personal development
- 10-minute walk from mainline station (50 minutes from London mainlines)
- Use of onsite staff gym with weekly instructor-led classes and yoga (free of charge)
- Wellbeing days throughout the year
- Free fruit and healthy snacks
- Social events throughout the year
- Informal dress code
- Staff relaxation area with TV & pool table
- Staff discount on worldwide holidays
- Staff rewards and discount schemes
- 22 days holiday per year, plus public holidays – increasing with length of service to 27 days
- Company Reward Scheme for milestone Anniversaries with the company
- Work for an Investors in People employer and Company awarded the ‘Best Business 25+ Employees’ in the Times of Tunbridge Wells Business Awards 2019